- See more at: http://www.spiceupyourblog.com/2012/03/pinterest-pin-it-button-blogger.html#sthash.lRpf53RB.dpuf

Monday, February 18, 2013

Almost 30 years! Just in case you were wondering that is three whole decades!!

I can't even believe I will be 28 in just a few weeks!  I will officially be in my "late 20's", 2 years away from 30, and officially feel like I should be a grown up!  That being said, in order to make myself feel a little better about the 8 now in my age I plan to live it up and celebrate!  Years ago, in my "early 20's" my friends from college and I would go to a Karaoke Club at least twice a week.  There I would sing my signature song, Break Down Here by Julie Roberts, and have the time of my life!  Call this an early "late" 20's crisis, but I want to relive the glory days where we had the time of our lives!  I plan on trying out a newish club located in one of my favorite places, Sundance Square in downtown Fort Worth, called The Lonestar Night Club.  Years ago it was called City Streets, (I think I actually went there on my 22nd birthday!) but after a remodel and change in management it has been revamped to a whole new hot spot.  It looks pretty nice!






The last year of my life was just so amazing and special, and I just have to celebrate what a wonderful year it was.  I had my fairytale wedding with the love of my life and we definitely had a wild ride leading up to it all.  I feel so blessed and makes me think back to where I was, as a "know it all" 18 year old. If only I knew then what I knew now!  I actually recently found an old journal and when I was 19 years old I wrote out a list.  The list was titled 5 year goal. The list consisted of things like finish my degree, get skinnier, quit smoking, get close with my brother again, grow out my hair, etc, but at the top of the list was to find my happiness.  I may not have achieved every item on my long list of 20 things, but I definitely did succeed in most, and the most important one was finding my happiness!!  So this year I am going to celebrate a new year and try to make a list of goals for this next year/5 year plan.  Does anyone else set goals on a 5 year plan or when another birthday passes?  I would love to hear your goals!  Here are mine....

Goals (deadline 2018) not in any particular order

  1. Purchase a home and establish roots
  2. Get healthier
  3. Have children
  4. Fall more in love with my husband
  5. Go to Washington D.C.
  6. Go to Europe
  7. Get my wisdom teeth finally taken out (I've been putting it off for years!)
  8. Continue my blog
  9. Better my career
  10. Have a better relationships with God, my family, and friends



Hey 18 year old self.......(no not a perm!)


Meet almost 28 year old self!  Looking more like my Mom everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment